Local actress Jessica Machna will appear as Dolley Madison, the wife of the fourth U.S. President James Madison and First Lady, 1809-1817, in the Glendale Senior Citizens' Clubroom on the lower level of Glenhills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale. The event is scheduled for Wednesday, November 14, 1:30 p.m.
Legend has it that she ordered the removal of the Gilbert Stuart painting of George Washington as the British advanced on the White House during the War of 1812. It is also said that she introduced the White House egg rolling contests that are still held on the grounds on Easter Monday.
The performance is free, and refreshments will be served afterwards. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- 2015 Nicolet Rec. Dept. Free Throw Contest Results
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms