The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will eat at Karl Raatsch's and attend the Milwaukee Repertory Theater's production of "A Raisin in the Sun" on Wednesday, April 3. The play, set just before the dawn of the Civil Rights Movement, focuses on the backlash experienced by a black family in Chicago when they try to leave the South Side for the Washington Park subdivision of the Woodlawn neighborhood.
Buses will leave the lower east parking lot of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, at 11:10 a.m. and return there after the play. Paid reservations are due to the club by March 25. The cost is $50, which includes lunch, theater ticket, all gratuities, and transportation. Please note choice of entree: broiled whitefish with potato bordue and fresh vegetables; braised stuffed porkchop with applesauce, spaetzl, and sauerkraut; sauerbraten, cabbage, and dumpling. All entrees include chef's salad, chocalate torte, and beverage.
Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. For further information, call (414) 540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Author Shares Candid Insights, Wisdom, and Humor on Personal Fight with ALS in New Book – “Mom, You Peed On My Foot!”
- FREE Kids Menorah Building Workshop at Home Depot
- Celebrate Chanukah Night at the Bucks
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Nicolet Rec.Dept. - 2016 Winter/Spring Programming Registration Info