The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will eat at Karl Raatsch's and attend the Milwaukee Repertory Theater's production of "A Raisin in the Sun" on Wednesday, April 3. The play, set just before the dawn of the Civil Rights Movement, focuses on the backlash experienced by a black family in Chicago when they try to leave the South Side for the Washington Park subdivision of the Woodlawn neighborhood.
Buses will leave the lower east parking lot of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, at 11:10 a.m. and return there after the play. Paid reservations are due to the club by March 25. The cost is $50, which includes lunch, theater ticket, all gratuities, and transportation. Please note choice of entree: broiled whitefish with potato bordue and fresh vegetables; braised stuffed porkchop with applesauce, spaetzl, and sauerkraut; sauerbraten, cabbage, and dumpling. All entrees include chef's salad, chocalate torte, and beverage.
Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. For further information, call (414) 540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Seniors Winter Pot Luck
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Centers for Wellness & Natural Medicine Welcomes Dr. Erica Ackerman!
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Houzz Presents Design Tech Remodeling With Award