The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will eat at Karl Raatsch's and attend the Milwaukee Repertory Theater's production of "A Raisin in the Sun" on Wednesday, April 3. The play, set just before the dawn of the Civil Rights Movement, focuses on the backlash experienced by a black family in Chicago when they try to leave the South Side for the Washington Park subdivision of the Woodlawn neighborhood.
Buses will leave the lower east parking lot of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, at 11:10 a.m. and return there after the play. Paid reservations are due to the club by March 25. The cost is $50, which includes lunch, theater ticket, all gratuities, and transportation. Please note choice of entree: broiled whitefish with potato bordue and fresh vegetables; braised stuffed porkchop with applesauce, spaetzl, and sauerkraut; sauerbraten, cabbage, and dumpling. All entrees include chef's salad, chocalate torte, and beverage.
Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. For further information, call (414) 540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Lecture on Increase Lapham, Mapmaker at UWM
- 22nd Annual Sheepshead Tournament - March 21st
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- 2015 Nicolet Rec. Dept. Free Throw Contest Results
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs