The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will eat at Karl Raatsch's and attend the Milwaukee Repertory Theater's production of "A Raisin in the Sun" on Wednesday, April 3. The play, set just before the dawn of the Civil Rights Movement, focuses on the backlash experienced by a black family in Chicago when they try to leave the South Side for the Washington Park subdivision of the Woodlawn neighborhood.
Buses will leave the lower east parking lot of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, at 11:10 a.m. and return there after the play. Paid reservations are due to the club by March 25. The cost is $50, which includes lunch, theater ticket, all gratuities, and transportation. Please note choice of entree: broiled whitefish with potato bordue and fresh vegetables; braised stuffed porkchop with applesauce, spaetzl, and sauerkraut; sauerbraten, cabbage, and dumpling. All entrees include chef's salad, chocalate torte, and beverage.
Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. For further information, call (414) 540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Seniors Trip to Brewers-Dodgers Game
- Meijer Announces Job Openings for Grafton and Kenosha Supercenters
- International Institute of Wisconsin to Host Annual World Citizen Celebration Dinner
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.
- "Maps & America" Lecture Looks at American Pictorial Maps 1920-1970
- Friends of UWM Golda Meir Library Used Book Sale Dates Set
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Appliance Gallery Announces New Product Availability