Oak Creek resident Paul Maurer has just a young adult novel, TOUCHED, released by New Libri Press. From the press release:
TOUCHED is a young adult novel that chronicles the travels of Jimmy, a high school sophomore, as he careens a rocky road that intersects squarely with the universal issues of teenage angst, confusion and self-awareness. Jimmy meets a female newcomer, Renee, whose personal battle with abandonment and mental illness are coupled with her power of clairvoyance at a simple touch. Renee’s gift brings an initial excitement to Jimmy’s life that leads them to the stratosphere of high school popularity, but at its peak it brings them into violent conflict with the high school upper crust not so willing to secede their domination of the school’s hierarchy. TOUCHED blends multiple hot-button topics including cyber-bullying, teenage recklessness and youthful confusion and ultimately confronts those hard-edged topics without flinching.
Maurer currently resides in Oak Creek with his three sons and wife of twenty-five years. In addition to TOUCHED, he has written other works available for sampling at www.PaulMaurerBooks.com. TOUCHED is available on Barnes & Noble and Amazon as an E-Book or paperback.
- PNC Bank Veterans Offer Up Advice to Fellow Veterans at Recruit Military Career Fair
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- Are you looking for great affordable day care option?
- Concordia University's Handbell Choir To Embark on 30th Annual Spring Tour
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing