Oak Creek resident Paul Maurer has just a young adult novel, TOUCHED, released by New Libri Press. From the press release:
TOUCHED is a young adult novel that chronicles the travels of Jimmy, a high school sophomore, as he careens a rocky road that intersects squarely with the universal issues of teenage angst, confusion and self-awareness. Jimmy meets a female newcomer, Renee, whose personal battle with abandonment and mental illness are coupled with her power of clairvoyance at a simple touch. Renee’s gift brings an initial excitement to Jimmy’s life that leads them to the stratosphere of high school popularity, but at its peak it brings them into violent conflict with the high school upper crust not so willing to secede their domination of the school’s hierarchy. TOUCHED blends multiple hot-button topics including cyber-bullying, teenage recklessness and youthful confusion and ultimately confronts those hard-edged topics without flinching.
Maurer currently resides in Oak Creek with his three sons and wife of twenty-five years. In addition to TOUCHED, he has written other works available for sampling at www.PaulMaurerBooks.com. TOUCHED is available on Barnes & Noble and Amazon as an E-Book or paperback.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Save the Date for Cedarburg Art Fair on March 7th, 10-4
- Digital Darkroom with Walter Healy
- Sweet-heART Cookie Walk
- Pinhole Photography Art Exhibit
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- From Hollywood to Holy Wood!
- Nicolet High School Parent 101 for Incoming 9th grade parents
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"