Super Steel, a leading contract manufacturer serving the agricultural, construction, industrial, and transportation markets located within Granville Business Improvement District 48, is hosting an open house at its facility at 7900 W. Tower Ave. in Milwaukee to celebrate National Manufacturing Day on Fri., Oct. 4. The open house will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and is accessible to residents of Milwaukee and surrounding communities.
The Super Steel open house will allow the company’s 400 employees to give visitors a behind the scenes look at how the company provides customers with "Best in Class" services, which include design for manufacturing, laser cutting, CNC forming, welding, coatings, assembly, and logistics.
Those wishing to attend the open house are asked to pre-register at http://www.mfgday.com/events/super-steel.
Manufacturing Day is sponsored by the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International (FMA), the U.S. Commerce Department’s Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP), the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM), and The Manufacturing Institute and supported by dozens of other national and regional manufacturing organizations.
Studies by the nonprofit Manufacturing Institute and others show that almost 80 percent of Americans believe manufacturing is important to economic prosperity, standard of living, and national security. Yet only 30 percent would encourage their children to go into manufacturing as a career. A goal of Manufacturing Day is to explain the benefits of seeking a career in the manufacturing industry.
For more information on Super Steel, visit www.supersteel.com.
About Granville Business Improvement District
The Granville Business Improvement District is dedicated to the improvement of the Milwaukee community bordered by 60th Street on the east, 95th Street on the west, Glenbrook Road on the north, and Good Hope Road on the south. There are more than 500 commercial, manufacturing, and retail properties within the district.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Seniors Trip to Brewers-Dodgers Game
- Meijer Announces Job Openings for Grafton and Kenosha Supercenters
- International Institute of Wisconsin to Host Annual World Citizen Celebration Dinner
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.
- "Maps & America" Lecture Looks at American Pictorial Maps 1920-1970
- Friends of UWM Golda Meir Library Used Book Sale Dates Set
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Appliance Gallery Announces New Product Availability