Thursday Oct 17th at 7pm in Maple Dale School Library.
"Race to Nowhere" is a film that calls us to challenge current thinking about how we prepare our children for success. Featuring the heartbreaking stories of students across the country who have been pushed to the brink by over-scheduling, over-testing and the relentless pressure to achieve, “Race to Nowhere” points to a silent epidemic in our schools. Through the testimony of educators, parents and education experts, it reveals an education system in which cheating has become commonplace; students have become disengaged; stress-related illness, depression and burnout are rampant; and young people arrive at college and the workplace unprepared and uninspired. Shown nationwide and internationally in more than 6,000 schools, universities, cinemas, hospitals, corporations and community centers.
Please contact Jeff Bohacek (guidance counselor) at 414.351.7380 ext 1058 for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- WORLD HUNGER RELIEF EVENT
- Expert Plumbers Advise Homeowners to Monitor Sump Pump during Weather Warm Up
- March events!
- Lecture on Increase Lapham, Mapmaker at UWM
- 22nd Annual Sheepshead Tournament - March 21st
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- 2015 Nicolet Rec. Dept. Free Throw Contest Results
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday