Thursday Oct 17th at 7pm in Maple Dale School Library.
"Race to Nowhere" is a film that calls us to challenge current thinking about how we prepare our children for success. Featuring the heartbreaking stories of students across the country who have been pushed to the brink by over-scheduling, over-testing and the relentless pressure to achieve, “Race to Nowhere” points to a silent epidemic in our schools. Through the testimony of educators, parents and education experts, it reveals an education system in which cheating has become commonplace; students have become disengaged; stress-related illness, depression and burnout are rampant; and young people arrive at college and the workplace unprepared and uninspired. Shown nationwide and internationally in more than 6,000 schools, universities, cinemas, hospitals, corporations and community centers.
Please contact Jeff Bohacek (guidance counselor) at 414.351.7380 ext 1058 for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Seniors Winter Pot Luck
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Centers for Wellness & Natural Medicine Welcomes Dr. Erica Ackerman!
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Houzz Presents Design Tech Remodeling With Award