The Glendale Senior Citizen's Club will watch director-producer Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" on Wednesday, October 23, at 1 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Rd., Glendale. The film covers the last four months of President Abraham Lincoln's life and, in particular, his efforts to get the 13th Amendment abolishing slavery passed by the House of Representatives.
The movie received seven Golden Globe and twelve Academy Award nominations, with Daniel Day-Lewis capturing both Best Actor awards. Sally Field portrays Mary Todd Lincoln. Also featured are Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Hal Holbrook, and James Spader. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
- The Comedy of Errors
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart – Bathroom Faucet Innovations and Designs Take It Up a Notch
- PNC Bank Veterans Offer Up Advice to Fellow Veterans at Recruit Military Career Fair
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- Are you looking for great affordable day care option?