The Glendale Senior Citizen's Club will watch director-producer Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" on Wednesday, October 23, at 1 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Rd., Glendale. The film covers the last four months of President Abraham Lincoln's life and, in particular, his efforts to get the 13th Amendment abolishing slavery passed by the House of Representatives.
The movie received seven Golden Globe and twelve Academy Award nominations, with Daniel Day-Lewis capturing both Best Actor awards. Sally Field portrays Mary Todd Lincoln. Also featured are Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Hal Holbrook, and James Spader. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms
- Zymbiotics Makers of Fine Fermented Foods
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary