The Glendale Senior Citizen's Club will watch director-producer Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" on Wednesday, October 23, at 1 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Rd., Glendale. The film covers the last four months of President Abraham Lincoln's life and, in particular, his efforts to get the 13th Amendment abolishing slavery passed by the House of Representatives.
The movie received seven Golden Globe and twelve Academy Award nominations, with Daniel Day-Lewis capturing both Best Actor awards. Sally Field portrays Mary Todd Lincoln. Also featured are Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Hal Holbrook, and James Spader. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Flip Troiano, MD, co-founder of the “Wellness University,” engages a class on how to “Preserve Your Brain!”
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosts Shred Events
- Village of Shorewood Hosts Second Annual Plein Air Festival
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Nicolet Rec. Dept: Register for Flag Football
- River Hills resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges Rogers InHealth unveils new social media resources to help
- Dominican Football
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Tryout Info for Youth Girls & Boys Basketball
- Dominican Football team wins