The Glendale Senior Citizen's Club will watch director-producer Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" on Wednesday, October 23, at 1 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Rd., Glendale. The film covers the last four months of President Abraham Lincoln's life and, in particular, his efforts to get the 13th Amendment abolishing slavery passed by the House of Representatives.
The movie received seven Golden Globe and twelve Academy Award nominations, with Daniel Day-Lewis capturing both Best Actor awards. Sally Field portrays Mary Todd Lincoln. Also featured are Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Hal Holbrook, and James Spader. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Author Shares Candid Insights, Wisdom, and Humor on Personal Fight with ALS in New Book – “Mom, You Peed On My Foot!”
- FREE Kids Menorah Building Workshop at Home Depot
- Celebrate Chanukah Night at the Bucks
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Nicolet Rec.Dept. - 2016 Winter/Spring Programming Registration Info