The Glendale Senior Citizen's Club will watch director-producer Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" on Wednesday, October 23, at 1 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Rd., Glendale. The film covers the last four months of President Abraham Lincoln's life and, in particular, his efforts to get the 13th Amendment abolishing slavery passed by the House of Representatives.
The movie received seven Golden Globe and twelve Academy Award nominations, with Daniel Day-Lewis capturing both Best Actor awards. Sally Field portrays Mary Todd Lincoln. Also featured are Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Hal Holbrook, and James Spader. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- UW - Oshkosh delivers electrifying speech on common core
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check