The Glendale Senior Citizen's Club will watch director-producer Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" on Wednesday, October 23, at 1 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Rd., Glendale. The film covers the last four months of President Abraham Lincoln's life and, in particular, his efforts to get the 13th Amendment abolishing slavery passed by the House of Representatives.
The movie received seven Golden Globe and twelve Academy Award nominations, with Daniel Day-Lewis capturing both Best Actor awards. Sally Field portrays Mary Todd Lincoln. Also featured are Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Hal Holbrook, and James Spader. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Shorewood Plein Air Festival Competition Winners Announced
- Oktoberfest Lunch with Magician
- Brew City Pet Services Attends International Pet-Sitter Conference
- The Wellness Way Approach to Female & Male HORMONES
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Free Showing of
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement & Remodeling Show
- Lego Program at North Shore Library