WHO: Milwaukee Repertory Theater
WHEN: Every Thursday night following the performance of Woody Sez: The Life & Music of Woody Guthrie.
WHERE: Milwaukee Repertory Theater – Stackner Cabaret; Patty & Jay Baker Theater Complex; 108 E. Wells Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
WHAT: Milwaukee Repertory Theater will be hosting a FREE hootenanny following every Thursday evening performance of Woody Sez: The Life & Music of Woody Guthrie in The Rep’s Stackner Cabaret. Dates are: Thursday, January 16, 23, 30, February 6, 13, 20, 27 and March 6. These events are free and open to the public. A hootenanny is an informal and family-friendly get-together where folk musicians join in an unstructured and free-flowing jam session, with no boundaries between audience and performer. Attendees can bring their instrument when they see Woody Sez – or just come with friends, family and sense of musical fun after the show – to have a ‘hoot’ with the cast of Woody Sez! This is a family-friendly affair, with beverages available to purchase.
Milwaukee Repertory Theater’s production of Woody Sez: The Life & Music of Woody Guthrie runs in The Rep’s Stackner Cabaret now – March 9. To learn more about this production or to purchase tickets, please visit www.MilwaukeeRep.com or call 414-224-9490.
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is a nationally-recognized company that presents compelling dramas, powerful classics, award-winning contemporary works, full-scale musicals, housed in its three unique performance venues – the Quadracci Powerhouse, Stiemke Studio and Stackner Cabaret. The Rep also produces an annual production of A Christmas Carol at the beautiful and historic Pabst Theater. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Mark Clements and Managing Director Chad Bauman, The Rep is committed to creating plays that are meaningful and relevant to the society we live in – plays that are challenging, visceral and engage the community through the issues they explore, demonstrating how a theater deeply rooted
in its locality can also enjoy a richly influential and resonant national voice.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- South Milwaukee native Jerome Kitzke performing at SMPAC Poetry in Music/Music in Poetry
- Area German Students "Sehr gut" at Contest
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Glendale Mayoral Forum held on March 24
- Recycle Your Clothes for Earth Day!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- New! LIFT Field Hockey!