This past July, 12 young men and women from Mequon United Methodist Church, along with their adult leaders, traveled to Ashland, Montana to volunteer in a mission effort to assist residents of the Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation. The mission trip for the MUMC Youth was sponsored by GROUP Workcamps.
Over 400 youth from all over the country worked with the residents of the Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation, providing assistance with needed roofing and painting projects, while also building wheelchair ramps for those needing access to various buildings within the reservation.
The Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation experiences extreme poverty as unemployment on the reservation is as high as 70%. The youth from MUMC arrived back to Mequon with great satisfaction of placing their christian faith into practice, providing great assistance to those in need, while making many life building memories and relationships with those they met amongst the workers and residents of this community.
If you have a young person who is interested in joining the MUMC youth group to aid in building their faith through action, the MUMC Youth Group provides many opportunities during the year besides the annual mission trip to assist those in need. Please call the MUMC church office at (262) 242-4770 for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms
- Zymbiotics Makers of Fine Fermented Foods
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary