Nationally-acclaimed writer and speaker Philip Chard, whose column "Out of My Mind" appears in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel each week, will speak on the topic "Realistic Optimism: Meeting the Challenges of Change During Trying Times" in a free event at the United Methodist Church of Whitefish Bay on Sunday, January 31 at 7:00 pm.
The talk will be preceded by dessert at 6:30 pm. There is no charge to attend, and the event is open to the public.
Philip Chard is being presented by the church's "Sandwich Generation" group, which exists to provide assistance for those "sandwiched" between caring for children in the home and caring for their own elderly parents. Chard's talk is expected to cover more than just those issues, however, as it will deal with people's capacity to change whenever difficult times come into their lives. Don't miss this special opportunity to hear Philip Chard in Whitefish Bay!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Lil Rev Performs Saturday in Fox Point
- Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert July 23, 2014 7:00pm
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- MUSIC AND FACE PAINTING
- Plein Air Painting Competition Announced as Part of Concordia's Lake Moon Festival Aug. 9
- MUSIC & FACE PAINTING AT THE MARKET
- KITCHEN DRIVE FOR VETERANS IN NEED
- Harbor Senior Living Development Construction Begins
- Concordia University Wisconsin Announces Four Musical Acts For Its Lake Moon Festival August 9