Nationally-acclaimed writer and speaker Philip Chard, whose column "Out of My Mind" appears in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel each week, will speak on the topic "Realistic Optimism: Meeting the Challenges of Change During Trying Times" in a free event at the United Methodist Church of Whitefish Bay on Sunday, January 31 at 7:00 pm.
The talk will be preceded by dessert at 6:30 pm. There is no charge to attend, and the event is open to the public.
Philip Chard is being presented by the church's "Sandwich Generation" group, which exists to provide assistance for those "sandwiched" between caring for children in the home and caring for their own elderly parents. Chard's talk is expected to cover more than just those issues, however, as it will deal with people's capacity to change whenever difficult times come into their lives. Don't miss this special opportunity to hear Philip Chard in Whitefish Bay!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Register today for Storytime at the North Shore Library
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Morning Star Productions Presents:
- Flip Troiano, MD, co-founder of the “Wellness University,” engages a class on how to “Preserve Your Brain!”
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosts Shred Events
- Village of Shorewood Hosts Second Annual Plein Air Festival
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Nicolet Rec. Dept: Register for Flag Football
- River Hills resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges Rogers InHealth unveils new social media resources to help