Nationally-acclaimed writer and speaker Philip Chard, whose column "Out of My Mind" appears in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel each week, will speak on the topic "Realistic Optimism: Meeting the Challenges of Change During Trying Times" in a free event at the United Methodist Church of Whitefish Bay on Sunday, January 31 at 7:00 pm.
The talk will be preceded by dessert at 6:30 pm. There is no charge to attend, and the event is open to the public.
Philip Chard is being presented by the church's "Sandwich Generation" group, which exists to provide assistance for those "sandwiched" between caring for children in the home and caring for their own elderly parents. Chard's talk is expected to cover more than just those issues, however, as it will deal with people's capacity to change whenever difficult times come into their lives. Don't miss this special opportunity to hear Philip Chard in Whitefish Bay!
- The Comedy of Errors
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart – Bathroom Faucet Innovations and Designs Take It Up a Notch
- PNC Bank Veterans Offer Up Advice to Fellow Veterans at Recruit Military Career Fair
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- Are you looking for great affordable day care option?