Kathryn Klein Havens, M.D., has been appointed associate professor of medicine in general internal medicine at The Medical College of Wisconsin and director of the women’s health clinic at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center, a major teaching affiliate of the College. Board certified in internal medicine, Dr. Havens specializes in women’s health issues including gynecology, breast health, reproductive health and menopause. She has extensive experience in adolescents at high risk for teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases.
Prior to joining the College, Dr. Havens was associate professor of family medicine at the University of Wisconsin Medical School, St. Luke’s family practice residency. She was also director of the women’s health fellowship at Aurora Women’s Pavilion in West Allis. She has held administrative and staff physician positions at Sinai Samaritan Medical Center and Milwaukee School of Engineering, and served on the faculty at the Illinois Institute of Technology, School of Design, where she taught several courses addressing the integration of design thinking and its clinical application in medicine.
Dr. Havens has presented nationally on menopause issues and helps arrange workshops for educators, nurses and general audiences. She was principal investigator for the Milwaukee Collaborative Teen Pregnancy Prevention Project, a mentoring program for teen mothers funded by the William T. Grant Foundation. She was also co-principal investigator in the STD Prevention in at Risk Population Project funded by the National Institute of Mental Health, which was completed in 1994.
Dr. Havens received her medical degree from the University of Missouri in Kansas City.
In 1987, she completed a fellowship in adolescent medicine at Children’s Hospital in Boston, and in 1986, she completed an internal medicine residency at Harvard Cambridge Hospital in Cambridge, Mass.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Author Shares Candid Insights, Wisdom, and Humor on Personal Fight with ALS in New Book – “Mom, You Peed On My Foot!”
- FREE Kids Menorah Building Workshop at Home Depot
- Celebrate Chanukah Night at the Bucks
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Nicolet Rec.Dept. - 2016 Winter/Spring Programming Registration Info