The 56th Wisconsin Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) State Leadership Conference was hosted in Wisconsin Dells on April 12th and 13th. The State Leadership Conference brought outstanding young adults together for an unforgettable experience of FBLA enthusiasm and competition. This year, approximately 2,500 students, advisers, and guests participated in the conference.
FBLA members from all areas of the state gathered at the Chula Vista Resort to attend workshops and assemblies, elect their new State Executive Board members, and compete in competitive events.. In most competitive events, the first-third place winners will be advancing to the National Leadership Conference that will be hosted in Nashville, Tennessee from July 14-17, 2010.
The keynote speaker this year was Jonathan Sprinkles. Jonathan has quickly become recognized as one of the most sought-after and well-respected speakers and entrepreneurs in the country. His keynote message, “How to be a change maker” was both motivational and empowering.
Our local chapter, Brown Deer ABS, sent 8 members to represent our school. They participated in Dells area tours and workshops including Golf Pro/Greens Management and the Rick Wilcox Magic Show. FBLA members raised money for the Wisconsin FBLA-PBL Foundation by playing numerous competitive rounds of Monopoly.
All Brown Deer competitors placed in the top 10 at State this year. Winners are: Dan Becker (2nd place- Sports Management), Brenda Barrales (4th place- Business Ethics team), Kelsey Greuel (4th place- Business Ethics team), Paolina Palmisano (6th place- FBLA Principles and Procedures), and Elyssa Mullings (8th place- Introduction to Business).
For more information about Brown Deer ABS (Association of Business Students), please contact Christine Slater, adviser, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Special Exhibits And Displays Showcased at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Local historian presents Milwaukee's surprising political history at Newcastle Place
- Glendale's Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-Foot Live Basalm Tree
- Explore The Art in Horticulture at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Rotary Breakfast With Santa
- Stritch Community Orchestra to perform debut concert on Nov. 20
- Wisconsin Connections Academy Principal Michelle Mueller Offers: Seven Tips for Applying to College
- Alverno College Course Will Visit Places of the Holocaust
- Stritch Theater to perform "Kindertransport"