The 56th Wisconsin Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) State Leadership Conference was hosted in Wisconsin Dells on April 12th and 13th. The State Leadership Conference brought outstanding young adults together for an unforgettable experience of FBLA enthusiasm and competition. This year, approximately 2,500 students, advisers, and guests participated in the conference.
FBLA members from all areas of the state gathered at the Chula Vista Resort to attend workshops and assemblies, elect their new State Executive Board members, and compete in competitive events.. In most competitive events, the first-third place winners will be advancing to the National Leadership Conference that will be hosted in Nashville, Tennessee from July 14-17, 2010.
The keynote speaker this year was Jonathan Sprinkles. Jonathan has quickly become recognized as one of the most sought-after and well-respected speakers and entrepreneurs in the country. His keynote message, “How to be a change maker” was both motivational and empowering.
Our local chapter, Brown Deer ABS, sent 8 members to represent our school. They participated in Dells area tours and workshops including Golf Pro/Greens Management and the Rick Wilcox Magic Show. FBLA members raised money for the Wisconsin FBLA-PBL Foundation by playing numerous competitive rounds of Monopoly.
All Brown Deer competitors placed in the top 10 at State this year. Winners are: Dan Becker (2nd place- Sports Management), Brenda Barrales (4th place- Business Ethics team), Kelsey Greuel (4th place- Business Ethics team), Paolina Palmisano (6th place- FBLA Principles and Procedures), and Elyssa Mullings (8th place- Introduction to Business).
For more information about Brown Deer ABS (Association of Business Students), please contact Christine Slater, adviser, at email@example.com.
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- Are you looking for great affordable day care option?
- Concordia University's Handbell Choir To Embark on 30th Annual Spring Tour
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing
- Free Showing of "The Intern"
- Milwaukee Remodeler SJJanis Featuring Fox Point Addition on the NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- Gary Dunco Becomes an Ameriprise Financial Diamond Ring Club Member
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Offers Bathroom Remodel Budget Tips