Red Wagon Days is coming to Silver Spring Drive, July 16 & 17, 2010. Featuring all the door busting deals of the annual Sidewalk Sales, Red Wagon Days will also feature a wagon silent auction, wagonload donations to Goodwill Industries, a children’s wagon decorating station and live entertainment.
Twelve decorated and filled Radio Flyer wagons will be on display throughout the Whitefish Bay business district beginning on Friday, July 9. Hosting businesses will include: Winkies, Gallery 505, Elements East, Hounds Around Town, Schwanke-Kasten Jewelers, Aurora Health Care and more. Silent bidding will begin at 10 AM on Friday, July 16 and will close at 3 PM on Saturday, July 17. Proceeds from the event will benefit a newly created Silver Spring Drive arts fund.
According to Tom Dixon, owner of Schwanke-Kasten Jewelers and chairman of the Whitefish Bay Business Improvement District, “Wagons are the perfect symbol of our family-friendly, sidewalk community and become the transportation of choice when shopping on Silver Spring Drive on a summer afternoon.” He continues, “Our hope is that families from all over load up their wagons and spend an afternoon visiting our downtown.”
Families are encouraged to load their wagons with gently used clothing on Saturday, July 17 and donate those items to Goodwill Industries. Once their wagons are empty again, families can deck them out at the wagon decorating station and fill them back up with sale items from the various businesses throughout the street. Live entertainment and more wagon activities will be featured throughout that day as well. At 3 PM, all twelve wagons will be paraded to the Aurora Health Care parking lot on Silver Spring Drive for auction checkout.
Specific shopping hours vary per business, but all shops will be open both days from 10 AM – 5 PM.
The Whitefish Bay Business Improvement District was created in 2009 to represent and promote the shops on Silver Spring Drive and the local business owners who serve the community each and every day. Other major sponsors include the Village of Whitefish Bay, Aurora Health Care and M&I. For more information please contact Lisa Liljegren at 414.226.2113 or visit our website, www.shopwhitefishbay.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Author Shares Candid Insights, Wisdom, and Humor on Personal Fight with ALS in New Book – “Mom, You Peed On My Foot!”
- FREE Kids Menorah Building Workshop at Home Depot
- Celebrate Chanukah Night at the Bucks
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Nicolet Rec.Dept. - 2016 Winter/Spring Programming Registration Info