PLEASE PUBLISH AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 414.355.1120.
TEMPLE MENORAH JOINS TIKKUN HA-IR OF MILWAUKEE
Temple Menorah is the sixth synagogue in the metropolitan are to join Tikkun Ha-Ir as a Sponsoring Organization. “We are delighted,” says Judy Baruch, Tikkun Ha-Ir’s Executive Director. “Temple Menorah has a long history of service to Milwaukee’s Northwest side and will be a wonderful partner in our efforts to address issues of urban poverty.” Tikkun Ha-Ir’s mission is to encourage the Jewish community to build a more just Milwaukee through study, action and civic engagement.
Tikkun Ha-Ir’s other Sponsoring Organizations include Congregations Emanu-El Bna’i Jeshurun, Beth Israel & Shir Hadash, Lake Park Synagogue, Beth El Ner Tamid Synagogue and Hillel Milwaukee. In July, Tikkun Ha-Ir’s elected its 2010-2011 Board of Directors. Temple Menorah will also appoint delegates to the Board of Directors shortly. Rea Katz, President, Ted Bobrow, Vice President, Samara Sofian, Secretary and James Hagan, Treasurer will be joined by Rabbi Marc Berkson, synagogue delegates Cindy Cooper, Miriam Horwitz, Reenie Kavalar, Susan Ellman, Barbara Simon, Barbara Friedman, Laura Emir & Eve Eiseman and Members at Large Matt Honigman, Tobey Libber, Neil Wallace, Jacqueline Miller, Cindy Levy and Idy Goodman.
For more information, contact Judy Baruch, Executive Director, 414-247-3750, email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- UW - Oshkosh delivers electrifying speech on common core
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check