PLEASE PUBLISH AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 414.355.1120.
TEMPLE MENORAH JOINS TIKKUN HA-IR OF MILWAUKEE
Temple Menorah is the sixth synagogue in the metropolitan are to join Tikkun Ha-Ir as a Sponsoring Organization. “We are delighted,” says Judy Baruch, Tikkun Ha-Ir’s Executive Director. “Temple Menorah has a long history of service to Milwaukee’s Northwest side and will be a wonderful partner in our efforts to address issues of urban poverty.” Tikkun Ha-Ir’s mission is to encourage the Jewish community to build a more just Milwaukee through study, action and civic engagement.
Tikkun Ha-Ir’s other Sponsoring Organizations include Congregations Emanu-El Bna’i Jeshurun, Beth Israel & Shir Hadash, Lake Park Synagogue, Beth El Ner Tamid Synagogue and Hillel Milwaukee. In July, Tikkun Ha-Ir’s elected its 2010-2011 Board of Directors. Temple Menorah will also appoint delegates to the Board of Directors shortly. Rea Katz, President, Ted Bobrow, Vice President, Samara Sofian, Secretary and James Hagan, Treasurer will be joined by Rabbi Marc Berkson, synagogue delegates Cindy Cooper, Miriam Horwitz, Reenie Kavalar, Susan Ellman, Barbara Simon, Barbara Friedman, Laura Emir & Eve Eiseman and Members at Large Matt Honigman, Tobey Libber, Neil Wallace, Jacqueline Miller, Cindy Levy and Idy Goodman.
For more information, contact Judy Baruch, Executive Director, 414-247-3750, email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Glendale Mayoral Forum held on March 24
- Recycle Your Clothes for Earth Day!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- New! LIFT Field Hockey!
- Breakfast for a Brighter Tomorrow
- Shakespeare Explains Life in Renaissance England
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info
- Parking in the Mequon Pavilion may become an issue for small businesses