Glendale(WI): The North Shore Fire Department Explorer Post 215 along with the North
Shore Fire Department will host the second annual Fire Department Explorer Post Combat
Challenge on Saturday, July 17, 2010 starting at 8am and ending at approximately 1pm.
This year, approximately 40 young adults from ages fourteen to twenty-one will be
competing. These young competitors come from several different fire departments including, North Shore, Cedarburg, City of Milwaukee, Grafton, Lyons, Menomonee Falls and Oak Creek.
The explorer combat challenge is nearly identical to the firefighter combat challenge for
professional firefighters as seen on ESPN. The challenge consists of simulated firefighting
events including a stair climb while carrying hose, pulling hose up to a third story window from the exterior, simulating forced entry to a structure, advancing a hose line on level ground and rescuing a victim from a fire.
The event is a friendly yet competitive way for local young adults interested in firefighting
to come together and demonstrate their skills. Many of the competitors hope to move beyond their explorer status and eventually land career firefighting jobs on a department. The challenge has both an individual competition and team relay event with awards in each.
The community is encouraged to come out and cheer on these local young adults at the
North Shore Fire Department’s Station #2 located at 5901 N. Milwaukee River Parkway in
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Caution Pedestrians and Motorists in the North Shore.
- MUSIC AT THE MARKET
- NORTH SHORE CARSTAR TO HOST THIRD ANNUAL CLASSIC CAR SHOW
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Fall Registration Info
- Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Form Cardiothoracic Surgery Alliance
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Lil Rev Performs Saturday in Fox Point
- Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert July 23, 2014 7:00pm
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- MUSIC AND FACE PAINTING