Arguably one of the best-known movies of all time, "The Wizard of Oz," will be brought to life on the stage as the fourth production of the recently launched Imagination Theatre of Germantown.
Imagination Theatre is the first community theater group in Germantown. And it is succeeding despite not having a local auditorium to perform in.
"We were able to pull off our first major musical, "Oliver," last summer and an updated version of "12 Angry Jurors" this spring, using a local church sanctuary," says Heidi Salter, who, along with husband Erik founded the theater company in 2008.
With no "Yellow brick road" to follow, so to speak, the Salters have pursued their vision as they rehearse a cast of 65 men, women and children, along with a live orchestra for their "Wizard of Oz" extravaganza.
Because a true auditorium does not exxist in Germantown, and there is no other venue available in the area this summer, Dorothy, the brainless Scarecrow, the heartless Tinman, and the cowardly Lion are forced to travel to Brown Deer High School Auditorium to put on this year's show. But, in true theater fashion, this show must go on.
Advance tickets are $10 and available by calling 226-957-0399 or email imaginationtheatre @yahoo.com. Tickets will be available at the door for $12. Group discounts are also available. Show times are: Aug. 6th at 7pm, Aug. 7th at 2:30 and 7pm, and Aug. 8th at 2:30pm. All performances will be held at Brown Deer High School Auditorium located at 8060 N.60th Street in Brown Deer.
Remaining true to the movie, the amazing Land of Oz, a dream come true world of enchanted forests and memorable characters, comes to life! Shortly after a "twister" hits Auntie Em and Uncle Henry's farm, Dorothy Gale is bumped on the head. Dorothey then enters the magical land of Oz. There she meets up with several wonderful (and a few not so wonderful) creatures. Dorothy, along with a dancing Scarecrow, singing Lion, and loving Tinman, transport us along the yellow brick road with one song-filled adventure after another in search of the Great and Wonderful Oz.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale's 4th of July Celebration & 65th Birthday
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today and save $$$!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour