ASPIRING YOUNG BALLET STARS TAKE THE STAGE WITH AN INTERNATIONAL FLAIR
Dancers from Milwaukee Ballet’s Summer Intensive Program showcase their talents
Milwaukee Ballet’s Emergence
This summer, some special young stars have been tirelessly stomping, clapping, jumping, twirling, rolling and soaring in hopes of advancing their dreams of becoming professional ballet dancers. These emerging dancers will take the stage at the Wilson Center Friday, July 30 to show off their hard work.
About 150 pre-professional dancers were accepted into Milwaukee Ballet’s Summer Intensive Program. Ranging in age from 11 to 24, and hailing from more than 20 states and four countries, including Japan, Australia, Brazil, and the Philippines, these aspiring dancers use a summer intensive program to gain strength and stamina while refining their technique and artistry. During the six week intensive program, students dance as much as during 4-5 months of regular lessons. Spending this much time in the studio also helps students to see if the ballet lifestyle is right for them.
One of the highlights of the Summer Intensive Program is the Style Classes. This summer, African, Modern, Spanish and Musical Theatre were featured each week, giving the students a chance to learn new movement, hear new music and challenge their own limits as dancers. There is a distinct Latin flair within this year's program, which adds to the international cast of characters already part of Milwaukee Ballet.
Emergence is the culmination of the program, giving the dancers the opportunity to take their talents to the stage. The performances will feature classical and contemporary works by Rolando Yanes, Nadia Thompson, Denis Malinkine, Monica Isla, Alyce Keaggy-Brinkman, Leslie Woodies, Roxy Kess, Rolando Pacheco.
Thursday, July 29
Friday, July 30
4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts 19805 W. Capitol Drive, Brookfield
Emergence tickets are $25 for adults and $15 for children ages 3-12. Children under three are free. To purchase tickets, call 262-781-9470 or visit www.wilson-center.com. For more information about the performance and Milwaukee Ballet’s Summer Intensive Program, visit www.milwaukeeballetschool.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bartelt Wins 2015 Chrysalis Award
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Stritch Theater presents "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?"
- Mequon Artist Grace Natoli Sheldon Featured on Channel 10 Auction
- Drive 4 UR School - Saturday, May 9th
- IT'S THIS WEEKEND! Sunday, April 26th (10 - 2) BD Early Bird Community Rummage Sale
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Seniors Trip to Brewers-Dodgers Game
- Meijer Announces Job Openings for Grafton and Kenosha Supercenters